Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

We had a very calm Easter. Well we had stake conference right after we just had General conference so Alma was a bit on the crazy side. The weird thing is I took him out and we sat in the Kitchen so we could listen to what was being said. It was a regional stake conference so we were able to go to our ward building and hear from the Prophet two weeks in a row! Awesome!!! Anyway so Alma did great when it was just the two of us. He sat on my lap and listened but as soon as I went back in he started acting up again. I tell ya. So we hung out mainly in the kitchen. After that everyone took a nice long nap. Awww so nice. Then we all got up the chicken was done in the crock pot yummy. I ended up making a whole chicken in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and peaches for dinner. It was quiet tasty. It was nice just enjoying the peaceful day. We did end up dying eggs later that evening for fun and then for FHE on Monday we did an Easter egg hunt. The boys had a good time and couldn't wait to eat their eggs that we had dyed. We finally did last night, potato salad and egg salad sandwiches. Yumm Yes lots of eggs but it was good anyway. We had a good friend over that my husband deployed with to Iraq. He came to church with us during General Conference the Sunday afternoon session. He felt the spirit very strongly. He started looking at his life and things that he has done and feeling a need to change. We are praying that his heart will continue to be softened and that he will come back unto the fold. He really is a sweet person that kids just love. It is amazing to see him with children. I feel so close to our Savior and Heavenly father as we talk to him about the gospel and to see how it changes our lives. I am very grateful for our Savior and for this time that we have to reflect on our Savior's life and all that he has done for us and how we can strive to live more like him. I know that this is the True Gospel here upon the earth and how grateful I am to be apart of it. I am challenging myself to share the gospel more and not to be timid but to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely day. I hope your friend continues to feel the spirit and makes changes in his life. It is such a huge blessing in our families to have the missionaries in our homes teaching investigators.