Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adam-ondi-Ahman

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Adam-ondi-Ahman 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


My friend Brooke came into town on her block leave before she deploys. She wanted to take me to Adam-ondi-Ahman!!! I was way excited!!! Lim took the boys for the day and had a fun time with them. It was weird going somewhere without my boys but it was really nice. : ) We also stopped by the visitor's center but it was closed due to fumes. I totally understand that one. hahaha Anyway we saw Sister Brookes who served in our ward before heading over to the visitor's center. It was awesome to see her!!! Short and sweet was our visit. Adam-ondi-Ahman was amazing!!! It was really peaceful. I could hear the birds singing and the frogs. I couldn't hear the cars on a near by road at all. One good thing about being in Kansas is being around all the history of the church that is here!!! Next I would like to go to Liberty Jail and the Visitor's Center when it is opened. Then I would like to go to Navoo after that. I will have to start planning. Even just in Kansas there is history of the saints starting to settle here and setting up what is now Fort Riley!!!! I will have to look up the details but it was announced in a tour they were giving. I didn't go but my friend did and she told me about it! How cool is that! Enjoy the pictures. Next time I will defiantly be going with Lim and the boys. : )

1 comments:

Barrientos Family said...

Fun! We are so going to Nauvoo together!! :) I just talked to you the other day and you never told me Brooke was there. Tell her hello for me! Love ya! Also I was thinking about coming to see you guys the end of this month or in May. Let me know what works best!