Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Alma is Potty Trained!!!!! Oh Yeah!!!!!! : )

Yeah so I am super Happy because Alma is now officially potty trained! We have been potty training Alma since Sunday (when we ran out of diapers and had no other choice). We could have gone to the store but he was ready this time and I was ready too. I have been gagging when I change his diapers. He also wasn't a big fan of getting his diaper changed. He didn't want to take the time. So I would tell him all the time we wouldn't have to do this if you would go in the toilet. So Sunday when we ran out I said okay time to potty train. I had him go on the potty chair and sit on it and get the feel of it. Even though he had done this before with our first attempt. He did pretty good Sunday afternoon/evening. When he woke Monday he was dry!!!! I made this a matter of prayer. I asked Heavenly Father to help me potty train him and that it would be successful. Our prayers have been answered!!! I Love the power of Prayer. It really went quiet easily. He only had a total of three accidents. Well two full and one in the making but was caught midway. Two were potty and one the other. He ended up finishing in the toilet. So I feel that was pretty easy. Every morning he woke up dry. All his accidents have been during the day. The last one he was a little bit more occupied with playing then paying attention to the urge to go potty. He ended up grabbing himself and started crying as he went potty in his pants. Poor guy! He has been super through this! He has been wearing big boy underware for the last couple of days with no trainer underware or the plastic underware just transformer underware and boxer briefs. (which are so stinkin cute!) Today was the first time he came to me and said that he had to go to the potty instead of me taking him, and to my surprise he went #2!!!!!! He went once already in the toilet but was not too happy about it. This time he just went in did what he needed to do and then called for me when he was done. It is so awesome!!! Also a side note I am getting rid of the potty chair because all three of my boys didn't like it well Malachi was way too big for it. The other two didn't like it. They wanted to go in the big potty so I am just not going to use one anymore. It is so weird to have all my children potty trained! Then again I do have one on the way. hahahaha It is great seeing the boys growing and learning. I Love It!!!

3 comments:

Helena said...

Wow, that's great!

Mom said...

That's awesome. I've never used the potty chair- the girls wanted the big potty. It stays in the van for emergency situations :) (which I actually have used once)

Unknown said...

I would get rid of the potty chair but alexis is a bit afraid of the big potty. SO we will just keep using it, it is easy for her to sit down on without help. I am really happy for Alma. And hey he was trained before he turned 3!