Sunday, November 30, 2008

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!

Click to play Welcome Home!!! 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


It was the best Thanksgiving this year because my hubby surprised me by calling me the day before he came home and said he was on his way!!!! We weren't thinking that he would be able to do so. We thought that he was going to be home in December, so this was such an answer to our prayers!!! Thank you for all who kept us in your prayers!!!! The boys were really excited for Daddy to come home. They hardly slept. They were up several times the night before. So we were all tired but it worked out. The ceremony started at five and he was right up front!!!! We didn't need the big banner but it was fun anyway. We showed it off with lots of pride. It was a pretty small group compared to the last time he came home. I would much rather have it be a small group. While we were waiting for the ceremony to start, the General came up to us and was talking to the boys. He said that they looked like they were getting ready to go to the beach. He said where are you from Florida???? Malachi then replied No we belong in Kansas! So there you have it. hahaha it was Great! Then the ceremony started not too long after that. Lim came in and we were all screaming and cheering and it was so AWESOME!!!!! He was right in front practically! He was behind the Commander and the Command SGT. Major. He saw us soon after coming in and had a Great Big Smile on his face!!! We were all so excited!!! The pictures aren't the greatest because it was a really hard angle to get his picture. I went right in front of them but then you couldn't see him so I just took it from the side view so you could see him. We have the actual reunion on our video camera. My friend Sarah came with me, she is so great! So she took pictures and took the video. As soon as they dismissed the soldiers I just ran right for Lim!!! I didn't win the Mommy of the Year Award that night because I left the kids right there with my friend. I just didn't even think I just ran! I feel so bad leaving them behind. Isaac ended up running after me. Alma was angry because he didn't understand what was going on and that he saw me running like crazy right to Daddy!!! Malachi is more sensitive and he started crying because he was so happy that his Daddy was HOME!!!!! It was awesome!!! Very sweet too!!!! It just goes to show how much a deployment takes a toll on the children! I am very Proud of my Husband though and the boys are too!!! Isaac said on the way home "Daddy you are our HERO!!!" It was the sweetest way of him showing how Proud he is to have his Daddy being a Soldier. All of the boys of course said that after Isaac did. I am very Grateful for my husband and my boys!!! I love them dearly!!! I can't imagine life with out them! I am so Grateful for the time that we have as a family and we aren't wasting one minute of our time with one another!!!! Lots of wrestling is going on in the house right now! It is fun to watch the boys have so much fun with Daddy! When they are hurt or needing to cuddle they come to Mommy so that makes me feel good. : ) We had a Great Thanksgiving!!! The boys are loving every minute of their time with Daddy and I am too!!! Lim says it is so good to be Home!!!! Welcome Home!!!!!! : )

6 comments:

Jordee said...

Oh I am so glad he is home with you. Enjoy eachother. Love you all.

Kate said...

Welcome home Lim!! Can't wait to see you. Sister you look awesome!

Helena said...

Wonderful! Welcome home!

AnitaDaaaahling said...

WELCOME HOME SOLDIER! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND WE LOVE YOU! WITH LOVE FROM IDAHO!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I am so happy he is home, safe and sound. Right before Thanksgiving too. You are a HERO Lim, thank you.

leslie mae said...

Welcome home Lim!! Thank you for your service; you are definately a hero!!