Thursday, August 14, 2008

Malachi's First Day of School : )

Today was Malachi's first day of school! I can't believe that he is that old! Where did the time go?! We have been talking about him going to school for sometime now to prep him. We went yesterday to his open house(to meet his teacher and turn in school supplies). We had a good time. At first he was shy and hid behind my leg but then after a couple of minutes he was good to go. He loved his class room and teacher. His Teachers name is Mrs. Fine. She is really nice. She has been teaching Kindergarten for 28 years! She is awesome and super nice! I am very glad that Malachi is in her class. There are more students then what I thought there would be but I feel that she is able to handel all of those kids. Today was just a half day but tomorrow is the first full day of school. I wasn't able to walk back with him but was able to walk to the gym with him where he lined up. Today he was not liking how many people were there! We had to stand in line to drop off the kids in the gym. When it was our turn Malachi said I am Not going in there! I told him how he was so excited and if he remembered going to meet his teacher and saw his class room and he said yes. I said so come on bud lets go inside the gym. He said I will go to my class but I am Not going in there! I said hunny that is where your teacher is right now she is waiting for all of your class mates to get here and then she is going to take you to your class room okay? Then he looked and sure enough his teacher was right there at the door when I said that, perfect timing! So he got up his courage and went inside. He sat right down and I gave him a kiss and said I will see you when school gets out okay. He gave me a kiss and said okay. As we were walking out Alma said Momma Momma Kiss kiss! I said oh you want to give Malachi a kiss he said yeah. I said okay so I took him and he gave Malachi a kiss really quick and then we left. When he came out he was so super excited! He was like Mom I get to go to school tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and forever Mom! I said well there are some of those days that you won't be going but yeah you get to go tomorrow, all day!! He was so excited! He said Mom I like my teacher. I said that is good. He keeps calling her Sister Fine instead of Mrs. Fine. I keep on correcting him but I can't help but laugh inside because that is just so cute! He is just a wonderful kid! I am so glad that he is going to that school! We are looking forward to tomorrow : )

0 comments: