Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sick boys : (

So lately we have been really sick. As I was getting ready to make this post I saw how many posts I have made reguarding us being sick! I couldn't believe it but yet again we are sick. Over winter break Alma, Isaac, and Malachi all were sick. We took Isaac to the doctor first and was told that he just had an ear infection but I thought it was strep because he only complained about his throat hurting and he wouldn't eat. So a couple nights later I ended up taking Malachi and Alma because their fever's wouldn't go away which Isaac had too. They tested Alma for RSV and for Strep. Both test's came out postive! As the doctor was talking to us he said that all three boys had it and that they didn't have ear infections. Their ears were red due to the strep so since Isaac was already on antiboitics he was left alone but Alma and Malachi had the shot of antiboitics! Poor guys! The medicine was really thick and hurt their little bottoms. Malachi ended up having to have a breathing treatment there in the ER and then we had to give him another one when we got home because he couldn't breath again! Alma ended up getting one the next day as well. We have missed two Sunday's in a row because of the boys being sick with fevers and what not. After taking them in we thought okay now we will be good to go. Last night Malachi woke up at eleven crying that his ear hurt. Lim got up and took him into the ER. We found out that because of all the congestion, Malachi's ears became infected and his ear drums were buldging! His right ear was the worst, it was really bad and his left ear drum was starting to buldge! Poor guy! So needless to say we kept him home today. I am about to go into the doctor to see if I have strep because my throat has been hurting and I have also found two lumps on my neck! I tell ya I don't know what is going on with me and lumps! My friend Kristina said that I am just a lumpy, bumpy girl. hahaha When I told Lim he felt them and I asked him what they could be and he said that it could be a cyst! I did freak out a little. I just don't know why all of a sudden I am having cysts all over my body! I tell ya if I do have a cyst in my neck I am just going to have to laugh! Wish me luck! We are also potty training Alma. Today is day two. He is doing well going potty but hasn't gone poop yet. Hopefully he will soon. : )

2 comments:

leslie mae said...

Yikes!! Poor guys!! Gabe had RSV a couple times when he was a baby, we had to do breathing treaments in the ER two different times and take the machine home for a month!! Hope your little guys get better soon!!

Tiffany said...

That's horrible! So is it strep throat? I guess at least Lim is here to help out with this latest round!